The NaCTSO Fertiliser Security Five Point Plan has been endorsed by the Agricultural Industries Confederation (AIC – FIAS), NFU and NFU Scotland, Assured Food Standards (Red Tractor), DEFRA and the HSE.
- Wherever possible use a Fertiliser Industry Assurance Scheme (FIAS) approved supplier.
- Wherever possible keep in a secure area such as a building or sheeted away from public view.
- Carry out regular stock checks and report any loss to the police immediately (call 101).
- Avoid leaving fertiliser in a field overnight – never leave fertiliser in field for a long period of time.
- Remember it is illegal to sell ammonium nitrate without the correct documentation